Certificates of Completion are a recent addition to the Bluetooth Developer Academy.
The first course that includes this feature is the Core Foundations of Bluetooth Low Energy course.
A few important notes about the Core Foundations of Bluetooth Low Energy Exam:
- The exam is made up of 120 multiple-choice questions
- The passing score for the exam is 90% (108 out of 120 correct answers)
- A member is allowed 2 retries for passing the exam (a total of 3 attempts)
- Progress through the exam questions is saved every few seconds, so you can start it and then continue later on
- To accommodate this new feature, the Core Foundations course is now restricted to linear progression (member has to go through each module and lesson and mark them as “complete” as they progress before being able to continue with the course and get to the final exam)
- Upon passing the exam, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion
- The awarded certificate will have a unique ID. It can be downloadable as a PDF, and can also be added to your LinkedIn profile. You can also share it with your network on Facebook and Twitter.
- The Bluetooth Developer Academy now has a dedicated page for verifying certificates. You can view it here.
- This page allows you to enter a certificate ID and be able to verify its details.
- You can use my sample certificate ID if you’d like to try it out: 12D18C45D-12D26D07C-32.
- The Certificate Verification page is public and allows anyone to access it to verify a Bluetooth Developer Academy Certificate of Completion.
Here’s an example of the certificate page:
Once you pass the exam, you will be able to access the awarded certificate by navigating to the bottom of the “Core Foundations of Bluetooth Low Energy” course page:
The above “Add to Profile” button lets you add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile.
And here’s what it looks like after adding it to your profile:
You can also access any certificates you’ve earned from your Account page:
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me here.